JR/Duty Free offers world-class duty free and retail shopping, located in airports across Australia, New Zealand, Israel and in the city centres across Australia.
JR/Duty Free offers a Click + Collect service in all airport locations listed below. Click here to find out more.
- Brisbane International Airport
- Cairns International Airport
- Canberra International Airport
- Darwin International Airport
- Perth International Airport
- Adelaide - 25-27 King William Street
- Melbourne - 185 Swanston Street
- Perth - 772 Hay Street
- Auckland International Airport - online only
- Christchurch International Airport
- Wellington International Airport
- Ben Gurion International Airport
- Jordan Valley Border Crossing
- Tabor (Sinai, Egypt) Border Crossing
- Ashdod Port Terminal
- Haifa Port Terminal
- Papeete International Airport
The Late David Mandie AM, OBE, founder of the James Richardson Group, was universally regarded as the pioneer of Duty Free retailing in Australia. James Richardson opened the first Duty Free store at Brisbane Airport in 1972 and over the next 23 years operated at every major airport in Australia and 25 city stores around the nation.
James Richardson sold the Australian Duty Free division in 1995 to the Swiss-based company, Nuance.
In December 2005 James Richardson returned to Duty Free retailing in Australia with stores both on and off-airport around the country.
In July 2009 JR/Duty Free expanded operations across the Tasman into New Zealand.
Following the success of JR/Duty Free the JR/Watch Co. luxury watch division was conceived in 2009, offering a selection of the world's most prestigious watch brands.
JR/Watch Co. luxury boutiques are situated at International Airports in Melbourne, Auckland, Perth and Brisbane. JR/Watch Co. also operates the Longines flagship store in Pitt Street, Sydney.
Since 1988 James Richardson has operated the principal Duty Free license at Ben Gurion Airport, Tel Aviv offering core duty free products, sports, footwear and clothing including men's fashion - Boss, Lacoste and Armani.
JR/Duty Free also operates Duty Free stores at the border crossings to Jordan and Egypt, at Ashdod and Haifa ports, on cruise ships and passenger airlines.